Sunday, May 18, 2008

Teaching the little ones about the democratic process....

The kids after a long afternoon of democracy in action.


Nothing says good time on a beautiful Saturday afternoon like a political rally. It was my first time on such an adventure. We decided to drive to Frankfurt and meet the "Broad" up close and personal. We arrived around 2 and let the wolverine run around on the KSU campus while the bunny nursed. Then we were all ushered through the metal detectors and into the gymnasium. I had the bunny in the front pack bobbing her around down towards the front of the podium.

I hadnt been there more then 3 minutes when a woman in a suit came up and commented on how pretty the bunny was...and then asked how old she was...and then "are you going to be comfortable standing up the whole time? would you like to sit over here? "and she escorted us right behind the podium on the stage. Evidently we were part of the demographic they wanted peeking out from behind Sen. Clinton when on camera. I went and got the hubby and the wolverine.



It was fun. I nursed the bunny ......had to do my part to support breastfeeding in public....but i did it before CNN and company had cameras rolling. Unfortunately we had to wait a long time so by the time Hil-ah-ree arrived the wolverine had about had enough. He got thru about half her speech before announcing loudly and repeatedly that "i DONT want to be here anymore" so Tim took him off the stage and to the side where the wolverine started SINGING. Needless to say they left the building before the secret service could apprehend them.



Meanwhile after Mrs.C finished her speech me and the bunny walked down and met her. She smiled and i said perhaps one day the bunny would follow in her footsteps, she said bunny was beautiful , asked what her name was. I said "Vivienne Hope" then said "and we hope....." and she gave me a knowing smile and nod. I said "god bless you" and she was on to the next person. It was one of those cliched political moments im sure, but it was being a part of history and one day i can tell the bunny she met the first woman to win presidential delegates and a former first lady.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so awesome! Love the pics.

Julie Danielle said...

That is really so cool Joy. How exciting!

melinda said...

That is really really cool...may I say I'm a little jealous?! ;)

So that's where you were when we were calling you Saturday night to see if you wanted to meet us at the new Puccinni's?!?!?! And it was delicious.