Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Almost 3:00....

and the wolverine is not asleep, nor has he been asleep. *sigh*

Do you ever feel your spending the best days of your life trying to get that toddler down for a nap. The thought of chucking it and taking him out to play in the snow, or having some scrumptious snack seems appealing. But something inside me just wont give up and go there. Are we programmed to force our children to nap. Is the struggle worth it?

So after nursing, singing, reading, rocking, leaving him to read on the bed (that was a moment of insanity), i have put him in his room with a quilt and pillow on the floor. I told him to play and if he gets sleepy to lay down and nap. Wow.....what a brilliant mom.


I need some warm weather, sunshine, and mommy time. I need a road trip full of freedom and late nights out with friends. I need to pick up a book and actually finish it. I need to put on my ipod, go the the YMCA, and run until my chest feels like exploding and my legs burn. I need a good night of emotional eating.


Yeah.....one missed nap and mommy goes off the deep end.

No comments: