So we finally did it. After 13 plus years of marriage and a 19 month old, we have begun the process of buying our first house. Daunting. Expensive. Annoying. Relieved.
All to be done is the inspections and then if all is well...closing. Hopefully by Labor Day weekend we will be packing up this residence and settling into our new digs. Is it my dream home? Not even close. Im content to quit dreaming so much for awhile and start living. It will be a great first home. Good yard. Enough space. Good school district if we need it later. And hopefully quiet and full of good neighbors. The hood we currently call home is a shadow of its former self and we say good riddance.
Our trip to Gatlinburg, the vegas of the south, was good fun. We spent a day at Dollywood. I believe she is the only person to have a theme park named after herself. The wolverine stayed with the grandparents for the morning and then napped and we picked him up around 3 and headed back to the park. He had a blast riding rides and watching his parents, aunt, uncle and cousins act like idiots as we dressed up in western attire and had one of those old fashioned pictures made. It was a hoot. The wolverine makes an adorable cowboy. I was a little aghast when the photographer handed him a gun and said "bang bang" as she pointed it at him. If i had any doubts about how i felt about "gun play" beforehand, i dont now.
So we are back. The hubby is getting ready to start his new job. I am working overload for the next week while i can. Ive also started doing some evening massage clients again. I will for least the month of August until we move. It was kind of nice being back in my old, familiar, pre-mommy world for a little while. Although my current aches and pains makes it less then enjoyable. Oh well. Ya cant have it both ways ever.
The wolverine is covered in bumps and bruises. He fell and hit his head THREE times tonight. He has a gooseegg on his forehead. *Sigh*
Hey...is anyone going to the Little Lambs sale this weekend. I thought i might go Friday morning and see what they have. Also i will be at playgroup on Friday. I emailed Anne about getting a replacement and have talked with a couple of moms about it too. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks i will shed that responsiblity.
Welcome back Maria.
Oh yeah....is anyone planning on going and seeing Laura in Godspell?
Fug of the Week goes to the media coverage of the Mel Gibson Debacle. I for one feel bad for Lance Bass. The guy finally comes out and is one upped by some drunken smack talking antics of Rigs.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on taking the plunge. And you know the investment is so worth it even if you won't be there forever. Can't wait to come over for a playdate. And if you need help moving...(did I just volunteer to help someone move?!) I just might have to try and make it to playgroup, mentally and in body to say so long to the Friday playdates that were so heaven-sent in the early days. I know if Noah were in school and I had another baby I'd love the outlet again. It's been good to us. And thank you Joy for taking the initiative to start up your own group on a day that worked for you...wouldn't know you otherwise. Hopefully we'll see you at some point in the next few days!
Ditto what she said. I can't make playgroup this week (family in town for Miranda's party) but I'll be there next week, also probably to say goodbye to one of the first things I did as a new mom! I have a great pic of her at the first one -- only 4 weeks old! -- that I'll put on my blog. Thanks ladies and kids for being part of this amazing first year.
Congrats also on the plunge. It's so worth it! I also can help do a bit of moving.
Congratulations on buying a house! It really is nice to own your own place, even with all the responsibility of it.
I'm also really glad you took the initiative to start the Friday playgroup. We, too, have long-since outgrown it (naps are usually at that time) but it was wonderful while it lasted. Jude and I made friends to keep, which is always good.
It's been forever since we've see you and Logan! It sounds like you all are doing well. Hope to see you sometime soon.
I'm with everyone else--I really enjoyed playgroup and I'm glad that I was able to get to know you and everyone else there. I felt pretty overwhelmed and isolated when Chance was first born and playgroup was the highlight of my week since I was able to spend some time with like-minded mamas. I'm not sure if we'll make it out there before you pass along your "leader" duties, due to a screwed up napping schedule, so I just wanted to let you know that it was very much appreciated. :-) Hopefully we'll see you and Logan sometime soon. Also--congrats on finding a house and good luck getting settled in!!
Post a Comment