Its your last chance to get your Oscar votes in. Now that ive actually seen a few movies of late i think some of the most deserved are going to get looked over. Take for instance Terence Howard.....His performance in Hustle and Flow was outstanding and is my vote for best male actor last year. I thought i would hate this film and it wound up being my favorite. Its the only picture(outside of Walk the Line which doesnt count because i had sentimental attachments to that one) that got me jazzed and left the hubby and I singing afterwards for days. Do you know the kind of looks i get in public ....its not everyday you see a mommy toting around a baby at the grocery store singing "ITs hard out here for a pimp...."
Anyway...once you have seen Terence in both Hustle and Flow playing the memphis pimp and then watch him playing a most uptight black movie executive in Crash...well the man has got some chops. He is my best actor of 2005.
Will anyone even watch the Oscars??? I agree with Laura..old habits die hard...so i will probably sit up and watch and when the wolverine wakes up inevitably 30 minutes into it i will grab him up and nurse him while i indulge.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We used to have Oscar parties up until last year. We'd order pizza and put in our votes. One year, everyone even dressed up. Yes we will be watching, and yes I'm sure I'll be nursing Noah through it too!
Yeah....im not sure who would show up to an oscar party....lots of nursing mommys and "i need a drink" daddys. ANyone who is bored is more then welcome....of course you would have to dig your way through our living room to get to an actual seat. Everything is buried underneath a layer of toys, clothes, and dust. Maybe next year....
I think I am going to watch. At least part of it. I haven't seen very many of the movies. I bought the movie Walk the Line but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I love Reese though, I hope she wins. Although I don't really know how she compares to the others.
Post a Comment