http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wGnx_lZio
Ive noticed how everyone is afraid this election cycle....Ive never heard so many adults saying that one candidate or the other TERRIFIES them??!!! What is up?!!! Since when did politicians strike such fear and loathing into the hearts of good citizens. What happened to our faith? Where did our hope and confidence go?
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seriously? You wonder why everyone is afraid this election cycle. When Bill Clinton left office in 2000 our country was thriving. The budget was balanced, in fact there was a surplus. In the last eight years our national debt has been run up to epic proportions. We are fighting a useless war. The supreme court is stacked with a bunch of conservative old men. Countless people have lost their homes and I have personally lost 20K in my 401K AND I am now going to paying to bail out Wall Street in a bill that has more pork than a Chinese buffet.
You wonder why people are afraid. I am afraid McCain will be Bush part 2 and the vice president will be a woman that "gosh darn it" is an idiot.
Those are a few of the reasons I'm afraid.
On another note Frisch's?
Susannah
I'm not sure that's quite what Joy meant. It's the fear of the candidates themselves, and quite frankly, as relevant as I think you're argument is (and as much as I tend to agree with it) they're are tons of "frightened" people on the other side of the fence who can make just as compelling an argument about Obama's inexperience, socialist leanings and known alliances with questionable characters (Bill Ayers comes to mind) Not saying I'm in agreement with this argument,but to me it's very bit as compelling as "McCain is Bush pt 2 and Sarah Palin is just stupid."
And while I agree the future looks a little bleak, fear isn't the answer. Fear is what's going to dig us deeper into the mess we're already in. People panicing doesn't help the situation, it exacerbates it. I agree that times are shakey, but I truly believe that we, as a nation, have to stay the course and keep on trucking if we're gonna make it through this mess.
And Susannah, you know it's not really like you 'lost" the money...the market will rebound, and you'll ultimeately get it back.
Or we'll ALL lose everything, in which case, so what your money's gone?? So is everyone elses and we're all finally equal!
Is that glass half full thinking or what??? ;)
On another note- yes Frish's, but later in the week. The economy sucks so bad that we're broke!
Good comments, both of you, to go with a good post.
Post a Comment