I sing to the wolverine and the bunny all the time. I cant tell you how many silly songs i learned at Girl Scout camp, church hymns, bad pop tunes, etc i have serenaded these two with. At 3 1/2 yrs old, the wolverine is a virtual jukebox between my silly songs and his dads bad rock music.
That being said, i was a child who was sung to alot. My mom is like a nightengale...always singing or humming....and my dad, well......he passed on a few songs to me and i in turn have now passed them down to the boy.
There is nothing funnier then hearing the wolverine sing his current favorite...he calls it "a classic granddaddy song" and it goes something like this...."dry whiskey, dry whiskey, dry whiskey i cry, if i cant have dry whiskey i surely will die. If the ocean were whiskey and i were a duck, Id sink to the bottom and never come up".
I couldnt remember the exact lyrics...at first i thought it was dry whiskey...then i realized it must have been RYE whiskey...so the hubby and i decided to look it up online and see if it was an actual song. My dad has a habit of taking an OLD song and kind of making it into his own....well what do you know...
I love that it is referred to as a song about intense alcoholism.....and its a folk song....even Pete Seeger covered it at one time.
Granddaddy, we thank you for this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment