The long weekend turned out to be exactly what i needed. A nice birthday melted into a wonderful time with family for the holidays. And much needed rest and PEACE. It ended with a birthday dinner for a friend and a relaxing and fun day with the hubby and wolverine.
Ive been SO wound up the last couple of months....i thought i would never be able to shake it off. I thought i would not get any time to just chill and relax and for one minute NOT be stressed out. But i was wrong. I actually found myself feeling good and happy and at peace. What a nice place to be for a change.
The hubby and I went christmas and birthday shopping for the wolverine. What is it about Toys R Us that can turn a responsible, sane adult into a 7 year old with money to spend????!!!! We actually did good. But for a few crazy minutes our shopping cart was filled to the brim with nothing but big items. Luckily somewhere between theSit and Swivel music station, the drum kit, and the hot wheels aisle, we regained out composure, put all but two reasonably priced items back and were on our way. It felt good. I dont want to be one of "those" parents with one of "those" kids. Plus....oh yeah....we are trying to save up a little before baby girl gets here so no need to shell out several hundred on a child who would be just as content with some empty egg cartons and one dollar hot wheels cars.
Happy Birthday Melinda. Welcome to your 30s.
Thanks Tim.......i love you.
Good night little man. I love you too.
Baby girl.......love you too.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We love you too, Honey!
thank you.
i'm so glad you've had these moments and a wonderful weekend...you deserved it!
Toys R Us??! What about the Church of Stop Shopping??
Post a Comment