Sunday, September 09, 2007

Politics, good marketing, & activism

So Saturday the wolverine and I attended the Nurse Out at Applebees on Nicholasville Road. Turn out was good, i would say over 100. And it was a blend of moms, dads, children, babies, grandmothers, and do-gooders. Im glad we participated. It didnt seem like much on our part but i think supporting a babies right to eat in public unimcumbered is a worthy cause.

It was HOT!!!! Did i mention that. We smeared on the sunscreen and the little guy ate snacks i had packed and drank water. He did great. We were able stay an hour before he hot antsy and wanted to walk around. By this point i was drained and needed to go anyway.

Nothing But Burgers showed their marketing savvy by bringing over ice water for everyone and offering FREE burgers to all involved. What genius. You wave some free food in front of pregnant and nursing women AND their hubbys and you have customers for life. There was no sign of Applebees or their corporate company......unbelievable. They blew a great opportunity to gain alot of loyal customers . All it would have taken was a public apology and an amending of their "policy" to offer blankets to nursing moms to cover up. If i were in charge i would be firing some PR people immediately.

So the wolverine got his first taste of activism. He kept saying "We went to the nurse out".....perhaps he will go on to follow his heart and help his fellow man.

3 comments:

melinda said...

I am SO proud that you guys went!!! I wish we could've made it but Noah napped right in the middle of it. And I missed free burgers?! Applebee's lack of anything makes me want to encourage some sort of nurse out on a weekly basis until they shape up, geez. Thanks for the invite...we had dinner with the parents. If Beta doesn't come within the next day I'd love to take you up on the offer and the kiddos can hang out too!

Anonymous said...

And I MISSED FREE BURGERS??????

Dan said...

Is this because there are still some people in Lexington who HAVEN'T seen your breasts yet? I actually thought NBB went downhill since remarketing themselves as Surf's Up. But free burgers are free burgers.