that almost sounded like a Jane Austen book , didnt it?
Well our little family has a major announcement. We have been keeping the lid on for the most part for awhile, but no more. We are pregnant, expecting our second child in February 2008. That is a whopper. We are excited to share the news, although i must confess i enjoyed keeping it under wraps. A pregnancy can get pretty long and we always find out really early, so a little private time is good.
So our household is pretty rocking right now. This time around my "morning sickness" is 24/7 and pretty rough. It seems i have traded the semi- nauseous , mind numbing fatigue of the wolverines pregnancy with the super yuck, always a moment away from a heave nastiness im experiencing this time out. Its been a rough several weeks. Each week i get a little worse and Tim gets a little more behind in his work. Its not easy having a partner that cannot stand to step into the kitchen, especially when your 2 1/2 year old really has to eat. Tims show opens in less then 3 weeks and he is having to juggle the play, the wolverine, and me.
Ive managed to get to work each morning, and found its actually easier to be sick at work then at home. Iknow...that is terrible. But i told them at work at least im not expected to do anything, outside of just sitting there and massaging patients.
On the up side, the wolverine has had a good week, which coincided with my worst week yet. That was nice. It makes it easier to feel bad when he is happy. that just sounds crazy doesnt it. But i guess we should get used to crazy.
We havent had a lot of time to sit around and think about how our lives will change and what it will be like. This is all about just getting thru the next few weeks. Maybe when i feel better i will be able to do that. but somehow i dont think you get that a second time. I think this pregnancy will go mostly unnoticed alot of the time, except for the occassional "wow im getting big", or "oh the baby kicked" or "oh my we are always going to be behind". Life marches on in this house now. A toddler demands it. And i think having been thru this before makes a difference.
The baby will be very welcome, very loved, and im sure totally its own personality. But this house has been there, done that......and we are ready to rock.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy to hear your good news!
the shofners congratulate the davis'...we're so happy to be making this journey alongside you guys!
YAY!!! Congratulations :)
Yippee!!! I can't wait to see your bely grow! Hopefully we won't be to far behind you.
Congrats!!! Did you know when us over on Memorial Day? I'm guessing a girl!
BTW, this is Susannah not Dan
No Susannah, we didnt know then. Sorry we have been so undependable lately. Im barely hanging on here.
Maria- sorry i havent gotten back with you. Forgive. Hopefully soon i will be up to it.
Woohoo! Congratulations guys!!! I also experienced a worse, on-the-verge-of-yakking-all-the-time 1st trimester, but it was gone by the 14th week. It still took me a while to get interested in food again, though. And your guess about the been there, done that feeling? Exactly what I'm experiencing. Which has made this pregnancy FLY BY. So consider yourself warned. I cannot BELIEVE I only have 10 weeks to go. Ten weeks left of blessed sleep, then it's back to the brink of psychosis. And a full glass of wine in a HOT bath. Aaaahhhh.
Yea! That's wonderful! Congrats!!
We are soooo thrilled for you guys! Thanks for sharing the news. You know you can count on us for help if you need it - don't hesitate to ask!! I was sick every day, many times a day from Sept to Jan and Aidan came in March. I hope you are not going to go on the hellish ride I did! :(
Sorry about the cranky tonight! I hit my maximum threshold and just couldn't pretend that everything was fine. Up to that point, however, we were having a great time with ya'll!! Hope you can forgive me . . .
I have been meaning to post for some time now as I have been checkin in periodically to see what cats are up to, and now I know! Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your new addition! One of these days I may just make it out for a visit... I'm over in Albuquerque these days and lovin it! Rock on!~kelly
I'm a little slow on my blog reading, but CONGRATS on the pregnancy! That is so exciting for you guys and I am so happy for you! :-)
Post a Comment