that is what i learned on classmates.com . The group that planned the 10 yr. has decided they cant do the 20th. I understand and respect that, however it would have been nice to get a heads up like.......6 months ago. Its the end of April....in the year the "event" would take place.
Wow.
So i may jump in and try to throw together something. Am i insane i ask? yes.
I watced my sister plan her class reunion 2 years ago. I remember the headaches, the deadlines, the classmates that ignored deadlines and pleas for rsvp's and money and then called at the last minute wanting to come. Its alot of pressure ESPECIALLY when you dont live anywhere near the city or state you graduated in. And even MORE when you havent spoken to most of the people you went to school with in 10 or 20 years. I dont exactly do alot of "keeping up" with my chums from my youth. The one person i do keep up with i havent talked to in almost 2 years. yeah.....im the one you want in charge of putting together a reunion.
But still, a part of me thinks it would be worth the challenge .....to get an opportunity to look back a bit.
Maybe i am insane. This year is a biggie for us. Our first year in this house. The hubby is up for review in the next couple of months and we will find out if all his hard work is going to pay off with a littl stability. The wolverine is at "that age" and really needs alot of time and attention and patience. I am at a crossroads career wise AND then there is the possibility we may add to our family. And then there is that pesky IRS bill that we will spend most of the summer paying off. Plus my dad retires in like 2 days. (this has nothing to do with our big year but i thought i would give a shout out to him).
So planning a reunion would be an additional pain and strain on my rump.
And yet, im still sitting here contemplating doing it.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It might be a lot of work but it would be fun!!!
I still don't think you are old enough for a 20 year reunion :)
More power to ya, girl!
Are you sure you really want to go to all that work to see these people again? :)
I can't possibly be old enough for a 20 year reunion either!! :p
My dear, OLD friend, Kathie has posed a good question. One that i have pondered on occassion loe these 20 years or so.
I did not enjoy high school. I am one of those people. Now maybe you did and good for you, but for the most part i found it a drag. Not that i didnt enjoy myself on occassion. Ask Kathie....im sure she was around during the times that i did. But overall I think i was miserable.
Im sure there isnt enough therapy i the world to undo the damage done to my psyche in the hallowed halls of North Side. And i probably had it alot easier then most, so i cant imagine how others must feel.
But even so, there is a part of me that wants to revisit that time, if only to slowly make sense of it all. I think as we get older we look back with greater clarity at events and can see them for what they really were.
Or maybe i just need to be reminded of where i came from....and what i escaped!!!
For whatever reason my dear friend.....i think it will be worth the work if only to finally get together with you again and sit and laugh at people we both didnt like all those years ago.
The interesting thing will be if some of those people turned out to be alright....we might actually like a few of their grown up counterparts. YOu never know.
Of course if we cant guarantee an open bar im not sure if either of our husbands will show up.
Post a Comment