The third leading cause of death in the U.S. is a stroke.
Strokes are the leading cause of disability in the U.S.
My parents 58 yr old friend had a stroke this year.
My 92 year old grandmother just had another stroke.
I worked on a patient this morning who has no left leg, only 1/4 of his right leg, and is blind.
He was a seeing, fully mobile man until earlier this year when he was hit by a dragster on the Texas highway going 200 something miles an hour.
The science of consciousness is a growing field. They are now saying that the "I" voice your hear inside your head isnt really "I", its just the thought that takes the forefront for that moment. I wont bore you with the details. However, scientists are quick to point out that this somehow disproves the existence of the soul. That somehow if we can find a spot in the brain that every function, thought, feeling and movement was originated that means we are souless. because if our consciousness is IN our brain then without that we are nothing.
Hmmmm.
I never have really thought much about the whereabouts of my soul. I dont think it resides somewhere specific. I see it more as energy permeating space. Not some actual form. So to the scientists i say, keep studying consciousness but dont rain on my soul parade.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"That somehow if we can find a spot in the brain that every function, thought, feeling and movement was originated that means we are souless"
....what COMPLETE and utter CRAP!
well said tim.
Post a Comment