Monday, April 30, 2007

Brush your teeth, everyday, round and round, prevents tooth decay


..thats our little toothbrushing ditty we sing at night. Followed by a round of "GET OUT OF OUR MOUTHS CAVITIES....we dont want you !!"


We are trying desperately to teach the wolverine good dental hygiene. But as most of you know, brushing a toddlers teeth is like herding wild cats....slow, frustrating, and sometimes painful.



We have had some success lately by letting him hold the shampoo bottle while we brush his teeth. For some reason he is more willing to open up and let us brush if he gets to play with something he usually cant touch. go figure!!!


Anyway....how do you guys do it?? Any foolproof methods. And dont even get me started on flossing!!!!!! ha!



Luckily we dont give the wolverine sugar so that helps. If you dont know....let me be the one to tell you...SUGAR is the cause of cavities. Thats right people....knock out sugar out of your diet and youve fought like 95% of the battle.


5 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

We brush teeth every night. It's in our routine. I started with Little Man very young - even when he had no teeth I used gum cleaner. I don't really know how I started it with him. I think he kind of likes it.

The Drama Mama said...

We brush teeth every night. It's in our routine. I started it with Little Man before he even had teeth - with gum cleaner. I don't know how we got it started. He's always seemed to like it a little bit.

melinda said...

blah blah blah...why do have to be the voice of reason?! ;)

Rachel said...

Jude does pretty well with the teeth brushing. We go through this thing where we say, "Alright - who brushes their teeth?? Superman! Batman! Wonder Woman!" etc., etc. The we do family, and end up with "Jude brushes his teeth!!" And by the time we go through all that we've brushed A LOT! It works - for now. :-)

What kind of toothpaste do you all use? We used to use the kids Burts Bees but they've stopped making it. We've just been using our (flouride-free) toothpaste on him. He likes it even though its really peppermint-y.

Anonymous said...

foolproof methods doing anything with a toddler? ha! one thing that does seem to help with Chance is making a motor noise while brushing his teeth (he really likes the sound my sonicare makes). but generally it's a different battle every day.