So my friends son now lays down by himself and goes to sleep. "How on earth did you make that happen??!!" I asked her. "Oh well i had just had enough one day so i left him in the room to go to sleep by himself. Every time he got up i went and put him back in bed, played some Raffi and he finally went to sleep." Cut to two weeks later and she is a woman with a little freedom now.
So today I had enough. I put the wolverine in bed with his monkey, his Nemo, and his happy apple that makes music. I cleared the room of any distractions. (basically anything he could climb on, grab, pull, throw) Each time he got down i went back in and put him in bed. When he kept launching happy apple across the room i took it out. He finally decided to stay inbed, but standing. And walking. And somehow finding a way to mess with the blinds. This went on for over an hour.
So obviously i hadnt had quite enough after all. I ended up throwing stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets on top of him in a hysterical fit of laughter. Then his dad came in and roughhoused with him. So it didnt work for us today.
However, i did not nurse him. On that much i stood my ground.
Wow. Big victory for mom.
I believe my irritation is less about my childs behaviour and MORE about the fact that the girl scout who took me for FIVE boxes of cookies still has not delivered them!!!!!!! I know they are in honey. Ive seen you all at Kroger. And the other 2 girls i bought from got them to me earlier in the week. Its SUNDAY afternoon at 3:30 girlie.....prime cookie delivery hours. Where the heck are my thin mints? My shortbreads? My peanut butter patties? My peanut butter sandwiches? My **** caramel delites??!!!!!!! You live ONE STREET over.....how long could it take to walk your lazy, 7 year old touche' over here today and give me what is rightfully mine??!!!! A more desperate woman would have just picked up a couple of boxes outside Kroger and been on her way. But NO.....i ordered FIVE boxes from YOU in good faith that you would get them here the first of March and it is the 4th!!!!! I already blew through 3 boxes, i cant afford to order more. Dont you get it??? I need those 5 boxes.
Alright. How is everyone else doing today?
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Should I mention the girls over here had them to sell over a month ago??? :) I hope you get them soon.
Good luck with the sleep!!!
Post a Comment