The wolverine has been shorn. His golden locks clipped for keepsake. Who is this handsome little devil?!!!
I showed up at playgroup today at 2:45. Post nap. Long enough to let the wolverine run off some energy while trying to take Isaacs snacks away from him. *SIGHS* I know my child is very perceptive because he KNOWS that the freaking backpack is full of interesting snacks that he is not used to getting. I also walked next door to Mother Nurture and bought a cute t-shirt. I wanted to help support them. We need to get behind these small, specialized childrens shops and do our part to keep them going. We always complain about the selection here in Lexington, so now is our chance to put our money where our mouths are. The same for Dragonfly. I want these two places to succeed. Our city is better for having them.
Basic Instinct 2 sucks.
Alright....so someone told a friend of mine that "studies" have linked homosexuality to boys that breastfeed into toddlerhood and coslept. At first i blew this off like i do most things that seem aimed at criticizing my parenting choices. But the more i have thought about this the more annoyed i am. First off, this was a statement made by someone that went to church with my friend. Am i the only one who is confounded by the amount of time that so-called Christian parents spend worrying that their children will "turn out" gay? Secondly, i would LOVE to see these so-called studies. Who ran them....who sponsored them....my money would be on some agenda-laden quasi evangelical political thinktank. Oh yeah....Dr. Dobson. Its the same old same old....that somehow if we are nurturing and loving and attentive to our little boys emotional needs they are going to turn out gay. Why do people insist on "toughing up" our little boys? Is this supposed to help them somehow in the future. Havent we got enough assholes and emotionally crippled men having midlife crisis in the world already. I for one will continue nursing as long as the wolverine feels he needs it...and cosleeping....well as long as it works for our family. And if my son grows up to be a gay man it WONT be because we were loving, attentive parents.
Anyway.....thanks to Melinda, Donald, & Noah for a nice dinner out last night. We actually got a chance to talk for a change. I love our big dinners but it is definitely easier to converse with a smaller crew. The boys were pretty well behaved albeit messy. Sorry to our waiter and busboy.
The Matador must be the most popular movie in town this week at Blockbuster. We have gone by 4 times and it is always out.
So tonight i may go see some Shakespeare...although im not sure im up for the heat, the bugs, and the possible rain. Maybe i should can it and go see a movie.
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joy,
Great, thoughtful post. I did medical research long enough to learn that "studies" and "evidence" can be done, and be interpreted, in many ways. DOn't let some "authority" run rampant over your good instincts!
Sorry we've missed 2 playgroups in a row. I'm on my way across the (Atlantic) pond, but will reappear at playgroup on August 11th. We definitely need a small-ish gathering sometime soon afterwards.
Post a Comment