Friday, February 17, 2006

Im going off the rails on a crazy train.......

So im obviously NOT out on a DATE like some of our other mommys. Oh no...my evening highlights consisted of getting a black eye from the wolverine when he whacked me with a book by accident, trying to make an appointment at the spa this weekend and being told they are booked, and then listening to my sister talk about her 11 1/2 pound weightloss as she waits for her galpals to arrive for an evening of pizza and fun.

Alright so this week hasnt been the greatest. Im starting to crack. I feel the need to either run at a high speed until i collapse or drink alot and eat loads of chocolate. Either way i need to get some perspective.

Im just another frazzled, burnt out mommy on the fast track to crazy, embittered, nagging town. All aboard.....

I cant even fall back on old faithful....ice cream....because i had to go and give it up for new years. 2006 is the year of no ice cream and no cookies. I thought giving them up would make a difference ....somehow encourage me to eat right and exersize and quit feeling so untogether. Well guess what??? I cant even feel good about staying off the cream for a month and a half because ive just replaced it with loads of confectioner goodies. Ive eaten my weight in chocolate covered almonds, cashews, peanuts, cranberries, pretzels,raisins....if it can be covered in chocolate and sold by the pound ive tried it in the last few weeks.

And so....reflection time....what am i doing? I obviously am in need of an outlet...something to help me cope on the days when i feel like im getting nothing done and feeling enclosed and becoming goo goo. (not as in goo goo cluster, another excellent goodie)

I should pick back up my yoga practice. I should start running again. I should read more. I should call friends more. I should force myself to concentrate and get some work done. But you know, when the wolverine comes a calling, whats a mommy to do? Its so easy to immerse yourself in the land of books and puzzles and toddlerhood and not even notice that youve left a good part of yourself somewhere in between breakfast and nursing and bathtime.

Doesnt it seem like a lifetime is packed into these first few years with our children? And doesnt it just fly by? Maybe i just dont want to miss anything. Maybe i figure this time ..and wolverine...are a heck of a lot more interesting then all my dumb stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're the most beautiful mommy in the whole wide world, crazy train or no...

Lazymom said...

Back to the caboose, Ozzy.

Anonymous said...

sorry to bum you out